The following policy for access to LVAAS facilities by key-holding members of LVAAS is effective March 20, 2020 and subject to revision without notice.
ALL ACCESS TO PULPIT ROCK IS CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE by order of Hamburg Borough.
- LVAAS South Mountain facility may not be accessed by anyone who is ill or who has had contact with COVID-19 virus within the past 14 days.
- LVAAS Observatories are closed except for essential maintenance activities by authorized personnel.
- The LVAAS Planetarium equipment is closed except for essential maintenance activities by authorized personnel.
- LVAAS South Mountain site and rest rooms may be accessed by authorized LVAAS members, subject to the strict adherence to the conditions set forth below.
- You must announce your intention to use the facility in advance, by sending an email to email@example.com .
- You must bring with you one of the following disinfectants:
- paper towels, and dilute bleach solution (4 teaspoons bleach per quart of water)
- one of the disinfectants listed on https://www.americanchemistry.com/Novel-Coronavirus-Fighting-Products-List.pdf
Cleanup and notification
While leaving any LVAAS facility, you must disinfect behind you. This includes departing the Pulpit Rock gate while entering or leaving the site, as well as while leaving any LVAAS room or building.
Use disinfectant on any surface which you have approached within six feet, that is likely to be touched by the next visitor (except floors and stair treads). This includes locks and lock mechanisms, door knobs, handles, seats and chair backs, table and furniture tops, and any accessories or fittings. Leave as soon as possible after disinfecting, and if you linger, disinfect again.
Notify completion of your visit and adherence to these guidelines by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
If you become ill
If you become ill within 14 days of accessing an LVAAS facility, notify by sending an email to email@example.com .
During this crisis, it is imperative on all of us to do everything possible to limit the spread of COVID-19. Thank you for your cooperation.
By order of: