5 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Likes:
  (Read 7306 times)  

I think we'd like to see a variety of wedges at our hands on meetings. This might help members who have not purchased one yet, decide on which model they might like. I can bring my Milburn Deluxe wedge. What other types do you folks have?

I have a Meade Superwedge, which I plan to use with my 8" LX200GPS.

Mike T

Donna and I have the Celestron Heavy Duty wedge. I can bring mine. I also have the Celestron regular wedge to compare size.

Lynn

i've got a deluxe milburn wedge for my 8" lx90. i ordered the 14" one in case i ever upgrade - and wouldn't have to worry about purchasing another expensive wedge.

the lx90 only has a single bolt in the center for mounting, whereas the lx200 (at least the 10") has three (no center bolt). i told ken this was my idea and he bored out a center hole in addition to the three bolt patterns for a larger scope. this is not the norm, as mike's 10" lx200 wedge has no center hole.

this wedge is recommended - worth the money (and long waiting list)

I really don't think the type of wedge matters because the technique is essentially the same. However, some wedges are easier to use than other.

I used to have the tilt-plate tripod for my NexStar 5i and it was really difficult to use! Kick the tripod leg was one option and the other was guestimate the amount of scope drop when you tightened the angle down!

So for that little guy I have the small NexStar wedge on an N8i tripod.

Then there's the ASGT GEM, no wedge required, and the Celestron HD as Lynn mentioned. The guy I bought the wedge from built an addition to add some extra stability to the wedge, which is cool. I don't think I really need it w/the 8" CPC though. For the 11 he used it w/before he bought a new wedge, he definitely needed it.

I'm not paying attention very well right now. Someone's going to have to send me a HEY SHOW UP TO THIS THING email at some point or I'll likely miss it though I'm interested. (Job issues aside)

5 posts :: Page 1 of 1