LVAAS - THE LEHIGH VALLEY AMATEUR ASTRONOMICAL SOCIETY: Promoting, Facilitating and Teaching Astronomy Since 1957
Login

Welcome to LVAAS, Anonymous
Saturday, December 07 2019 @ 08:36 pm EST

Forum Index > News and Announcements > Public Events - Everybody Welcome !
 Number of observers growing!
 |  Printable Version
By: Anonymous: bmickley () on Thursday, November 10 2005 @ 04:16 pm EST (Read 3673 times)  
Anonymous: bmickley

PEEC just notified me that the number of people that have signed up for Saturday night's star party at the Delaware Water Gap is 150! If there was ever a time that you wanted to show off your scope and knowledge of the heavens, this is it. This is a lot of people for two telescopes for sure and two maybes. Please help even if its for a few hours, and dress warm. Just think if we could sign a quarter of those folks up for membership to LVAAS!! Chow!

By: Anonymous: bmickley () on Monday, November 14 2005 @ 01:27 pm EST  
Anonymous: bmickley

Thanks to Marty and Glen Bachman, Ron Kunkel and Bill Dahlenberg for helping out at the PEEC event at the Delaware Water Gap. We had a good crowd, a waxing moon and Mars to keep the crowd busy. Ron et. al. helped a girl who brought her new scope in setting it up and focusing. Some others asked about joining the society. Thanks again.

By: Bill Dahlenburg (offline) on Tuesday, November 15 2005 @ 06:19 pm EST  
Bill Dahlenburg

Brian, I had a good time and the crew at PEEC had things well organized. You derseve credit for for setting things up with them and coming out yourself. That was quite a ride for you and Ron. I know you were up early Sunday to teach a class in NY.

Bill

Forum Active Member

Pen Argyl, PA

Profile Email   PM

All times are EST. The time is now 08:36 pm.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
Filtered HTML Allowed 
Censored Content