3 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Likes:
  (Read 2646 times)  

Greeting all,

Here is the report on BFSP.

Another very nice event. Rather well attended considering the weather forecast and actual weather. The event was sold out as usual and there were probably 3 to 400 people there Friday night. Met Mike Morgen and one other LVAAS member. Temp hit the upper thirties Friday night. An awesome night for viewing. The skies were very steady up until 2:00a.m. I took advantage of the time and stayed up until Sunrise. Unfortunately Thurs. and Sat. night were a bust. Long way to go and a lot of work for one night's spectacular viewing. Saw the Zodiacal lights Sat. a.m. and a neat transit of Ganymede across Jupiter where you could see the Moon and the black spot on Jupiter.

I might go back up the first weekend in Nov.

Happy gazing,

Eric

Galaxy Hunter

blah

Good to see you up there. Managed to get 4 images Sunday / Monday prior to the star party. Check 'em out, 3 in Nebula 1 in globular clusters.
I'm game for November, we'll probably freeze.

Heh Mike,

As I type this you are hopefully out doing some imaging at SM. Couldn't make the party tonight. My wife had a very hard week at work I felt it was necessary to just have a quiet evening at home with her. tonight.
Your images from Cherry Springs are very good. I viewed the Pac man nebula in June at Cherry Springs. Pretty neat looking and I think the new Soap Bubble nebula is very near there if not in it. You have a part of a circle in your image that could be the Soap Bubble. I spent a little time in the Lagoon Nebula on Friday night at BFSP since the Southern skies were so good. Awesome view and the nebula seemed very 3D like your image shows. I already have a conflict now with the first weekend in Nov. but my conflict is on Sunday, so it still might work if the weather is right. I also might have the opportunity to visit Spruce Knob, Wv. the prior weekend for a night on a driving trip to Fl.

Galaxy Hunter

3 posts :: Page 1 of 1